Almost got milo working on ruffian...

> Have you tried right-clicking on the files and choosing "save as"? Even
> if Mozilla or IE save it as text, it should still work in ARCSBIOS. You
> might want to check and make sure Mozilla or IE are not attaching a
> '.txt' to the end of the file name. An easy way to check that (assuming
> you are running windows) is to open up a command prompt (start -> run ->
> command.com) and type 'cd a:' then 'dir' and make sure the filename is
> ldmilo or ldmilo.exe (and you enter the same thing in ARCSBIOS.)
>
> HTH,
> Ron

Well, using Ron Farrer's patched ldmilo (thanks a bunch, Ron!!)and the
"ruffian" image from the debian cd gets me about 2/3 of the way to a shell
prompt, but, of course, something else appears.  Using the debian image, I
can load the rescue kernel.  I get all of the typical kernel message stuff,
but as soon as it asks me for the root disk (created from root.bin, using
rawrite2 in windows), I get a bunch of errors and it dies. Here's the
sequence, starting from insertion of the root image disk:

RAMDISK: compressed image found at block 0
floppy0: data CRC error: track 71, head 1, sector 14, size 2
floppy0: data CRC error: track 71, head 1, sector 14, size 2
end_request: I/O error, dev 02:00(floppy), sector 2587
floppy0: data CRC error: track 71, head 1, sector 14, size 2
floppy0: data CRC error: track 71, head 1, sector 14, size 2
end_request: I/O error, dev 02:00(floppy), sector 2587
CRC error <5> VFS: Insert root floppy and press ENTER

Once again, I ask your help.
Thanks,
--Shannon