RE: Alpha newbie install woes - I stand corrected...

 > 164LX is NOT very similar to a Ruffian/UX. I own an LX as well and

Well, It's derived from the 164LX reference board much like Microway's
uber fast LX's with 8Mb L3 cache. SRM for an LX for probably not work
on a UX. I won't get into the 'why' here, just don't try it :-). The only
firmware available for UX (at the moment)is what comes with it, arcsbios. MILO
is required to boot Linux as it is the only alternative.

Peter
--
www.linuxalpha.org	www.alphadriven.org
Peter Petrakis         Warrior/Engineer        voodoo@alphadriven.org