Re: Translating Optimizations i386 -> alpha

Helge Kreutzmann <kreutzm@itp.uni-hannover.de> writes:

> Hello !
> I am currently trying to get xmovie/libmpeg3 to build on alpha. The
> latter already builds, the former is in the processes (relating to my
> bug reports 140473 and 140474.
>
> As a quick hack I removed the following from the CFLAGS:
>  -malign-loops=2 -malign-jumps=2 -malign-functions=2
>
> Is there an equivalent replacement on alpha or is removing those
> options the proper way ?

Remove them for now. Functions, loops and jumps are always aligned on
4 byte boundaries on Alpha anyway, as instructions are always 32 bit.
The only thing that could be worth trying is increasing the function
alignment to 64 byte (a cache line), but that's dangerous because it
might saturate the icache.

        Falk