Re: port of crafty to alpha platform is outdated

On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 02:31:26PM +0100, Paul Slootman wrote:
> On Thu 03 Jan 2002, Eric Van Buggenhaut wrote:
> >
> > > Note that as a developer you can log in to merulo.debian.org
> > > (an ia64 system). I've done that for a couple of my packages
> > > before. Just use -uc and sign the changes on your own system.
> > >

> > Oh, ok, I didn't know about this machine. I'm offline now so I can't
> > try it, but my worry is that bzip2 might not be installed on this
> > machine (that's what happened with all other architectures). What
> > should I do then ?
>
> Unpack it in your home directory, and modify PATH (and perhaps
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH) to suit before invoking the build. I did something
> similar when I needed to build isdnutils on powerpc (which need gcc-3.0
> to build, and gcc-3.0 wasn't installed. Using a different compiler is a
> bit more painful then bzip2, as the compiler refers to all sorts of hard
> path for preprocessor, libs, includes, ...)

I was able to install bzip2 in my home directory, but it is also
dynamically linked against /usr/lib/libbzip* and I don't know how to
add a new library path, iow, should I recompile bzip2 explicitly
specifying a new library path ?

Thanks for your help.

--
Eric VAN BUGGENHAUT