Re: 2.4.x with SMP on Alpha

Christopher,

> If you have a patch/patches, can you post them here too?  We get kernel
> questions quite a bit around here :-)

Unfortunately, I have no patches, I simply lack the time to
investigate these things any further. In the first place, I do
research, installing computers like this UP2000 for friends is a
secondary issue. And debugging it is of even lower priority. My
programming effort goes either into research or hardware that I've got
myself -- currently the LS-30 film scanner (improved SANE backend).

I'm just really surprised that 2.4.10 could be released without
checking it on alpha/smp -- I seem to be one of the few, if not the
only one who tried to compile it.

  Andras