kernel-image-2.2.19pre13-generic and klogd

After upgrading to kernel package 2.2.19pre13-generic, I noticed that
klogd was consuming all available CPU time, apparently at low
priority, because other things still worked. Oddly, the logfiles
didn't seem to grow any faster than usual; perhaps the events it was
filtering were not important enough to be recorded.

This behaviour went away when I reverted to kernel 2.2.17 (2.2.18
seems to swap a lot). Has anyone else seen this?

Ian Bruce