Re: java development on alpha

hiya gnana,

i'm using compaq jdk1.2.2 that you mention, and getting pretty good
results.
in fact, i've not had any problems with so far (2.4.1 kernel) - i'm not
doing any gui stuff though.

i think you can pick up jdk1.1.8 rpm's from SuSE, but then you're stuck
using alien.
unless you just grab the stuff you want from inside the rpm :)

btw the compaq beta4 jdk comes in a tarred up version ->
http://www.linuxalpha.compaq.com/java122/download.html

i personally need java2 to run my webapps, so jdk1.1.8 is not an
option. i'm using tomcat3.2, and it ticks away just fine.
you can check out the results here (unfortunately you need to register) ->
http://212.107.142.238/bullet
still very much in development :)

/m