Re: compiler-options?

Hi,

On Sun, 4 Feb 2001, Stefan Schroepfer wrote:

> > So you are recommending either to use only -mcpu= or to use both with
> > -mcpu= first?
>
> Both. -mcpu=ev56 instructs the compiler to generate code specifically
> for ev56 CPUs and -Wa,-m21164a instructs the assembler to accept it.

Since I didn´t find a note in the info-texts how to address the
different CPU-types, I tried -mcpu=21164a and it did not complain. Does
it make a difference whether -mcpu=ev56 is used or -mcpu=21164a? Is it
possible to use non-existing compiler settings without the compiler
complaining about it?

Regards,

Kerstin

--