Re: Slllloooowwww Alpha

Andrew Forgue wrote:

> Allright, So
>
> The manual says this:
> a.. ECC-protected Synchronous DRAM (SDRAM) main memory (SRAMs mounted on
> DIMMs).
>
> Any idea what speed this should run? PC133 or PC100
> It does have to be ECC right?
>
> -Andrew
>
>--snip--<
ECC = yes

Speed = I would go for the PC133, mainly because it will work even if
the specs only call for PC100, and PC133 is cheaper (and more plentiful)
around here.  YMMV.  Several on this list have mentioned getting some
good prices on E-Bay.

Note:  Some Alphas require "matched" sets if you buy several sticks.
"Matched" = same speed and from the same Mfgr.  That was a big
consideration on upgrading my machine.

Cheers,
-Don Spoon-