Re: File corruptions on 2.4.14

On Sat, 24 Nov 2001 chaton.jm@europemail.com wrote:

> I'm experienceing filesystem corruptions since my upgrading in 2.4.14
> last week. I've compiled the kernel with vanilla kernel source.
> Is it a known issue ?

	I'm using 2.4.14, but with reiserfs as my primary filesystem, and
I've not seen any problems. However, 2.4.15 does have a filesystem
corruption bug on all filesystems.

> Is 2.4.14 a bad idea, and should I stay in the 2.2 serie ?

	For me, the problems with the 2.4 series are less than the
advantages of the 2.4 series. If you have a production server that needs
a higher level of stability, I would probably use 2.2.20.

Greetings,
Michael.

"I'm not just a server, but I'm also a client."		Debian GNU/Linux
Michael Stroucken	stroucki@debian.org	 Is your penguin 64 bit?