Re: It's baaaack... libgtk1.2 1.2.10-3

On Mon, 19 Nov 2001, Doug Larrick wrote:

> libgtk1.2 1.2.10-3 has been released and once again needs an NMU to be built w/o
> optimization so the HPaned widget displays properly.
>
> I spent the past two evenings banging my head against this to try to whittle
> down a simple testcase for gcc, to no avail :-(

Yes, it's a real bugger to isolate, isn't it?  I think three or four of us
have already tried and failed :-)

> I did, however, build libgtk1.2 with gcc-3.0, and that fixes the problem as
> well.   So an alternative to no optimization would be gcc-3.0.

That's good news for the future.  I'd still like to see if someone can
make a testcase that reproduces this, though, so that we can get it fixed
in the 2.95.x tree once and for all.

I'll NMU, as usual...