Re: Qmail build on DEC Alphastation 250

> On Nov 07, Martin Sanborn illuminated with a virtual scribe  :

> I'm attempting to build qmail from the qmail-src package. At the end of the
> build, I get "make: *** [binary-arch] Illegal instruction". I'm afraid I
> don't know how to handle this. The only stuff I can find about an error are
> in bug reports to Debian. Any ideas where I should start? It built fine with
> the 2.2.19 kernel installed with potato, but won't build on the new 2.4.13
> kernel I compiled. Or, perhaps it has something to do with the upgrade to
> woody?

can you forward the msgs *after* the make error.  they tell us which file
and which line of code created the error.

</aside>  I just built 1.03-20 successfully on my as255 2.4.7.  It needs
rebooting to try the 2.4.13 and I'll try building it again.

./Jp
--
Jean-Paul Blaquière             ||   Avatar of Computational
   japester@ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au   ||   Thaumaturgy