Re: reiserfs on all my SRM-alpha drives: how I did it

On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 04:52:33PM -0500, Will Woods wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Nov 2001, Falk Hueffner wrote:
>
> > It seems Will Woods from Compaq is working on this, at least he has filed
> > a feature request at
> > http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=466983&group_id=32540&atid=405841.
>
> Yeah, I was hoping I could take the easy way out and adapt GRUB's reiserfs
> support to aboot for the 0.9 release, but it didn't work out - aboot would
> read or two deep and then crash. Something about the way GRUB and aboot
> handle memory differently gave it problems, I suspect. I eventually gave
> up, patched a few other things, and released 0.9 without reiserfs support.

Another option would be to look at yaboot, the PPC bootloader. IIRC, it
handles reiserfs.

Good luck,
Jurriaan
--
Warning: This person reads fantasy and is an avid denier of reality.
GNU/Linux 2.4.13-ac7 on Debian/Alpha 64-bits 988 bogomips load:2.11 2.03 1.34