Re: reiserfs on all my SRM-alpha drives: how I did it

On Fri, 2 Nov 2001, Falk Hueffner wrote:

> It seems Will Woods from Compaq is working on this, at least he has filed
> a feature request at
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=466983&group_id=32540&atid=405841.

Yeah, I was hoping I could take the easy way out and adapt GRUB's reiserfs
support to aboot for the 0.9 release, but it didn't work out - aboot would
read or two deep and then crash. Something about the way GRUB and aboot
handle memory differently gave it problems, I suspect. I eventually gave
up, patched a few other things, and released 0.9 without reiserfs support.

If anyone wants to try to fix up and complete my old, abortive attempt,
I'll give them the source, but I warn you in advance that it's very ugly,
written against an old, unreleased version of aboot, and it's probably a
better idea to just start from scratch.

-will

--
Will Woods <will.woods@compaq.com> | Alpha Technology Solutions Group