Re: reiserfs on all my SRM-alpha drives: how I did it

Another "me too": after replacing a dead hard drive in my XP1000 I needed
to re-install Linux, so I decided to give reiserfs a try and found it very
good.  It took quite a bit of tweaking to make Debian installation
procedure install straight onto reiserfs, but it was well worth it.
At this stage though, James's scenario (via ext2) seems to be simpler.
(I didn't have to worry about aboot or SRM as I'm netbooting.)

Despite a few kernel unaligned traps in reiserfs, overall performance is
very good.

And, by the way - Compaq is not Digital; I'm glad I had my backup properly
set up.  :-)

Nikita