Re: strange problem with LX

The scrolling rate is about 1 line per second.  /proc/interrupts showed
the network card (DE500-BA) as having over 144 million interrupts.  So, I
shut down the interface and removed the kernel module. voila, vmstat is
now reporting on the order of 1050 interrupts per second.  So, just to see
what would happen, I reloaded the kernel module and fired back up the
interface.  Result: the computer is working perfectly now.  Thank you very
much.  Now I have this question: every time I reboot this happens, is
there something to look for that might be causing problems with the
ethernet kernel module?  Or is this likely not a kernel problem at all?
(hardware?)

Thanks again for the prompt help,
Luke Shulenburger
(sluke@mit.edu)