RE: GA622T on pc164 with debian unstable

> > route add default gw 192.168.0.254: message: "something wicked happend!"
> > impossible to send something
>
> Ugh...this looks like a problem that I had with the acenic
> driver.  Unfortunately, it's been so long now, that I forgot how I got
> around it.

The firmware on the card may have timed out during initialization. Try
the following. In acenic.h

 /*
  * udelay() values for when clocking the eeprom
  */
 #define ACE_SHORT_DELAY         1
 #define ACE_LONG_DELAY          2

Change the short delay to 4 and the long delay to 12. Card
should take about 1 min to initialize. If that doesnt work
try larger values for SHORT and LONG, keep them in some kind
of proportion.

Peter
--
www.alphalinux.org