Re: GA622T on pc164 with debian unstable

On Thursday 20 September 2001 07:10 am, Andres Meyer wrote:
> HW:
> pc164, 500Mhz, SRM Console
> sym53c875, 2GB Barrracude, Toshiba CDROM
> Netgear GA622T Copper Gigabit, 64bit pci, National Semiconductor DP83820
> chipset
> DEC Tulip 100Mbps ethernet
>
> kernel 2.4.9-ac7:
> boot not possible, detects 100Mhz pci-clock and aborts because its out of
> range while trying to init sym53c8xx driver. When using ncr53c8xx -> driver
> loads, timeout while finding HD.
> I tried with all kinds of options and combinations for the scsi drivers, no
> luck.

I don't have any solutions for you, but just a bit of info. I too (and at
least one other subscriber that I know of) have Alpha PC164-based machines
similar to your configuration (without the netgear card) and have been unable
to use any of the 2.4.x kernel series. I am able to compile and boot a 2.4.x
kernel, but it freezes the machine when any network access occurs, requiring
a hard reboot. Others have reported identical behavoir.

I have tried a RealTek 8139 10/100 ethernet card as well, with the same
results.

Marty Sanborn

--

| Martin Sanborn - Dept. of Chemical Engineering - Northwestern University |
| m-sanborn@nwu.edu - (847)467-1653 - http://zeolites.cqe.nwu.edu/marty |