ATI Rage 128 and UP2000/264DP board

I'm attempting to get our 264DP-based alpha to recognize an ATI Rage Xpert
128 (ATI Rage 128 chip) ard. I've updated the firmware version to v5.9-4 from
API, but no luck so far. I'd give up hope completely by now since the card
isn't listed in API's hardware compatability list (though ATI Xpert 98 is,
slightly different chip), but we also have a PC164LX alpha that does
recognize the card, and it has a firmware version of 5.8 (I don't recall the
revision). I realize these are two different firmwares from two different
companies, but I thought they might at least track one another.

Anyone have any luck with this card? Is there extra firmware I need to load
perhaps? Right now, our 264DP has only the SRM and NT firmware.

Thanks for any help.

Marty Sanborn

--
| Martin Sanborn - Dept. of Chemical Engineering - Northwestern University |
| m-sanborn@nwu.edu - (847)467-1653 - http://zeolites.cqe.nwu.edu/marty |