Re: ATI Rage 128 and UP2000/264DP board

On Tue, 7 Aug 2001, Martin Sanborn wrote:

> I'm attempting to get our 264DP-based alpha to recognize an ATI Rage Xpert
> 128 (ATI Rage 128 chip) ard. I've updated the firmware version to v5.9-4 from
> API, but no luck so far. I'd give up hope completely by now since the card
> isn't listed in API's hardware compatability list (though ATI Xpert 98 is,
> slightly different chip), but we also have a PC164LX alpha that does
> recognize the card, and it has a firmware version of 5.8 (I don't recall the
> revision). I realize these are two different firmwares from two different
> companies, but I thought they might at least track one another.

Ummm.....yes and no. Do you have a DP264 or UP2000? Your subject says one
thing but the above text talks about a DP264. They are 2 different
boards. Dp264 firmware comes from Compaq, if you downloaded it from the
API site it just came from Compaq. Up2000 firmware is built inside API.

I think there might be a release 6.0 now for the DP. Have a look on
Compaq's ftp site.

> Anyone have any luck with this card? Is there extra firmware I need to load
> perhaps? Right now, our 264DP has only the SRM and NT firmware.

No, there's no extra firmware. What's happening/or not happening? It will
need to be on the first PCI bus to work.

--rdp

--
Rich Payne
rpayne@alphalinux.org			www.alphalinux.org