Re: gcc 3.0 for potato

Tom Vier wrote:

> has anyone built gcc 3.0 for potato? i tried a while ago, but it depended on
> a lot of stuff from testing to build it. any tips or .debs would be much
> appreciated.

Oh, well. I tried today to build gcc-3.0 on potato/alpha.

.debs? No. I wanted to build the compiler from scratch, (read:
from the tarball provided by GNU mirrors). O.k., gcc-3.0 docs
state that a recent binutils package is required, so I built
that first (specifically: binutils-2.11.2, more recent than
docs for gcc-3.0 on alpha*-*-* do require).

After that, I built gcc-3.0 (of course following the docs for
doing that using non-standard binutils).

After all, trying to compile own stuff with "my" new compiler
I get linker error messages like
Main.o(.data+0x0): undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_v0'

Anyone out there who can offer help?

Best regards,
Stefan Schroepfer