Re: New bootdisks / first install report / help needed

On Sat, Aug 04, 2001 at 05:51:32PM +0200, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> I can try them on a ruffian which is currently out of production due to
> some technical difficulties and on my LX, maybe on an XP1000. Regarding
> my LX I cannot complete the installation due to missing network (i.e.
> only modem).

That would be perfect!

> How is a milo based system supposed to be booted ? I see special disk for
> nautilus and jensen but no for milo based systems.

I was told that Nautilus and Jensen are the systems where MILO does
not work, the others are supposed to prepare a MILO-disk. The
MILO-images will be stored right next to the boot-disk-images on the
FTP-server/on the CDs.

> Secondly is this the right list to post the problems/results ? I am not
> much of a C programmer so I can only limit myself to bug reports though.

Bug reports are perfect, testing the disks doesn't mean that you have
to fix all bugs you encounter :-)

I think that Alpha-specialities should be discussed on debian-alpha
first, because the probability of someone knowing a solution to a
problem will be slighly larger. But that is only my opinion. Falk,
what do you think about it?

By the way, if you wait one or two days, unhacked disks may be
available as the too-big-rootdisk-problem is said to be fixed.

CU
    Thimo

--
Thimo Neubauer <thimo@debian.org>