Re: help with Dec C compiler install

> On Sat, 21 Jul 2001, bad bob wrote:
> > I need some help understanding this set of outputs:
> > I used rpm to install the packages:
> > bard:/usr/local/ts10# rpm --install libots-2.2.7-2.alpha.rpm

If you do take the RPM route (I ended up doing that when installing the
Compaq Fortran for Linux), you need to use the --nodeps flag with the rpm
command (man rpm for more info). Since the deb and rpm databases are
separate, rpm is assuming you don't have the standard c libraries installed
(which you do, but since they are installed from a deb, rpm can't check).

Yes, it does "pollute" your system with rpms, but I figure since those 4 or 5
rpms required don't affect anything else on the system, the shortcut this
time was ok.

Marty Sanborn

--
| Martin Sanborn - Dept. of Chemical Engineering - Northwestern University |
| m-sanborn@nwu.edu - (847)467-1653 - http://zeolites.cqe.nwu.edu/marty |