Re: Pyxis machine checks cause lockup

On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 02:20:48AM +1000, Rob Byrnes wrote:
> Thanks to those who advised me of what to update for my network.  I have a
> larger problem now.  The PWS-500au is spitting out Pyxis machine checks all
> over the place.  The machine checks are at vector 0x660, which I believe is
> an unrecoverable memory error.  This causes great pain since the memory is
> brand new (from Crucial) and I can't afford to buy more to test.  The
> machine checks eventually cause the box to lock up and it has to be
> power-cycled to get it back up.

What are this Pyxis machine checks.  I cannot get my PC164SX to reliably
reboot and sometmies I get something about Pyxis (hard to read it all as
it is about 2 pages of junk)

> The latest power cycle has caused this lovely message:
>
> "Kernel panic: No init found. Try passing init= option to kernel"
>
> How can I get around this?
Sounds real bad.  You could try init=/bin/sh but it looks to me there
could be 'other problems'

  - Craig
--
Craig Small VK2XLZ  GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
Eye-Net Consulting http://www.eye-net.com.au/        <csmall@eye-net.com.au>