Pyxis machine checks cause lockup

Thanks to those who advised me of what to update for my network.  I have a
larger problem now.  The PWS-500au is spitting out Pyxis machine checks all
over the place.  The machine checks are at vector 0x660, which I believe is
an unrecoverable memory error.  This causes great pain since the memory is
brand new (from Crucial) and I can't afford to buy more to test.  The
machine checks eventually cause the box to lock up and it has to be
power-cycled to get it back up.

The latest power cycle has caused this lovely message:

"Kernel panic: No init found. Try passing init= option to kernel"

How can I get around this?

TIA
Rob