Re: Package namespace problem: what do I do?

On Sun 13 May 2001, Ivan E. Moore II wrote:
> On Sun, May 13, 2001 at 11:32:36AM -0500, Hilarion wrote:
> > I have an alien'd mozilla 0.8.1, but [unstable] wants to install the repackaged
> > M18.  I'm *still* kind of a newbie when it comes to package management.  Any
> > good suggestions?  I've looked for options to freeze a package version, but
> > alas.
> >
> > I'd like to keep the alien'd package, rather than remove it, and rpm
> > it back.  Given that there will eventually be a "greater" version than
> > "m18", what should I do, or speak to?
>
> hold it?

In other words:

echo 'mozilla hold' | dpkg --set-selections

BTW, this isn't alpha-specific at all, you would probably get faster
(and perhaps more eloquent?) answers from debian-user .

Paul Slootman
--
home:       wurtel@spamcop.net   http://www.wurtel.demon.nl/
work:       paul@murphy.nl       http://www.murphy.nl/