Re: ldmilo problem on ruffian

Jay Estabrook (Jay.Estabrook@compaq.com) wrote:

> Looks like, if the ldmilo.exe I was using for the test is the same or
> similar to the one everyone is using, that binary-patching of that
> file in the following way *may* help. It will force the test that is
> causing problems to always proceeed as if it had found compatible
> hardware, so if it's *not*, all bets are off.
>
> YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
>
> Look for, about 0x26c offset from the start of the file:
>
> 	0x44011000	/* this is: and v0,#8,v0 */
>
> Change it to:
>
> 	0x44011400	/* this is: or v0,#8,v0 */
>
> If you can, give it a try, and let me know what happens, either way.
>
> If successful, get folks with *and* without the problem to test it.
> Then, if all are happy, submit it to alphalinux.org for their FTP site.

Kudos to Jay! It works!!! I now have a SANE milo. wahoo!!!

I have put the file up on:
<http://people.debian.org/~rbf/files/ruffian/> for other ruffian
owners to try. If it works for everyone, I'll ask someone to put it on
ftp.ALO

Ron - who is now building a SANE kernel for his other ruffian...
--
Email: <rbf@farrer.net> or <rbf@debian.org>
Home:  <http://farrer.net/~rbf/>