Re: mozilla

Most of the nightly builds seem to work these days. And I have noticed
a noticable speedup in terms of rendering big pages over the last week
or two. Its quite useable (on an XLT).

On 24/04/2001 03:29:12 Ron Farrer wrote:
> Ionut Georgescu (george@physik.tu-cottbus.de) wrote:
>
> > Does mozilla work for anyone around here ? As netscape for alpha does not
> > work with NIS/NFS, mozilla is the only choice. And it does not work. I
> > have tried building the package myself, but it segfaulted. Can anyone
> > point me to a working deb, tar.gz or whatsoever for the alpha ?
>
> For stable, the only mozilla (so far) that compiles and runs is the
> nightly build from 20010102. I have not yet had the chance to try the
> pre-release gcc-3.0 that is now in unstable, hopefully it does the
> job.. has anyone tried it yet?

I haven't had much luck with c++ and gcc-3.0 so I didn't even attempt to
compile mozilla.

In terms of gcc I can compile (a hello world program) but when I come to
run it I get the following:

	./a.out: error in loading shared libraries: /usr/local/gcc-20010409/lib/libstdc++.so.3:
undefined symbol: __dso_handle

Any ideas?

rgh