Re: The SRM Documentation

Craig Small (csmall@eye-net.com.au) wrote:

> No problem, i'll just reboot with the old kernel and recompile.
> No LILO prompt, hmm
> So I'll just break into SRM and boot the old kernel there.
> But of course the SRM documentation doesn't mention things like how to
> break into it.

That would probably be because LILO is specifically for x86
systems... If you are using SRM you use aboot (MILO is possible, but
why?) I assume you mean AUTO_ACTION is set to boot? To stop it, press
ctrl-c like a mad man when SRM is first initializing until it drops
you to a prompt, or you can press HALT if you have that option, or a
'shutdown -h now' should take you back to SRM.

<snip url> Maybe Rich will put that somewhere in the docs section on
ALO if it isn't already?

Ron