Re: SCA-2 harddrive in an internal bay?

Hi

I have used both Viking II disks with normal , 68 pin UW scsi , and Viking
II with SCA-80
interface , using an adapter.
The scsi interface is identical , except that in a SCA-80 adaptor both
signals and power ,
as well as ID settings are connected.

In short , yes ,this should work fine using an adapter.

Jaap.

[This is more of a hardware question than Linux. If I'm totally
off-topic, please point me to a more appropriate forum.]

I "liberated" an Alphastation 600/266 from a client. The machine has a
1.8 GB harddrive, which is a bit too small.

I also got a 4.3 GB hardrive in a "RAID-cartridge", i.e. enclosed for
hot swap. Not knowing any better, I unscrewed the case and got out the
drive, intending to install it in the HD bay w/ the internal SCSI
cables.

It turns out that the drive has a SCA-2 connector (Quantum Viking II,
digital P/N RZ2CC-PA). Can I connect the internal SCSI-cabling and
power connection to this connector via an adapter of some kind? Or
should I try to find a "real" SCSI disk instead?

tia,

/g.

--
Gustaf Erikson -+- +46 70 444 0726 -+- [http://stureby.net/]