Re: Alpha assembler

On Thu, 22 Mar 2001, Per Wigren wrote:

> I don't know any Alpha-assembler, but I'm willing to learn enough to
> port the PPC or x86! How hard is it to port x86 assembler to Alpha?
> Will the PPC asm be easier to port? Where can I find free (as in beer)
> documentation?

	I remember finding a HTML version of a Dec manual on Alpha
assembly when I was tweaking some assembly for the Linux/Alpha port of
PostgreSQL. Try searches on google and the below page might be a good
jumping off point in your searches as well. Good luck!

	http://www.alphalinux.org/docs/

|   "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain."                    |
|                                            --- Philippians 1:21 (KJV)   |
|   Ryan Kirkpatrick  |  Boulder, Colorado  |  http://www.rkirkpat.net/   |