No keyboard?

Hi!
This is my first post to this list. I bought a PWS433a last week and it's the
first and only Alpha system I've been using.
I'm running Debian Sid on it.  I've been usiing Linux for 5 years (Debian for
3 years) on Intel so I'm not a Linux newbie, just an Alpha-newbie :)

Today I downloaded kernel 2.4.2 and compiled, but when I booted it, the
keyboard isn't responding!  It's plain dead. The only way to get to it is by
ssh..... I can't find any "keyboard support" option in the kernelconfig so
please tell me what I did wrong!

// Per Wigren