Re: Why wouldn't gcc release build on Alpha ?

Hi Chris !

> This is a known issue and unfortunately, not easily corrected.

:-) I would guess all easily corrected problems are corrected by now :-)

>  I have
> half a patch so far that will fix it, but have been unable to find the
> time to finish it (since the rest is all assembly and I just can't get
> enough time to do it right).

Are there any descriptions of the problems available somewhere
for the rest of us to have a look ? g++/alpha specifics aren't easy
to find and track down, let alone Debian's ones.

> Get the glibc 2.2 patch from the Debian source package.

Well, google gives a rather long response to "Debian source package
glibc" query, and being rather new to Debian I don't know yet where
to get it, so please kindly send it to me.

>  If you can't find
> it, let me know and I'll send it to you.
>
> > I shall be truly grateful for any info regarding this,
>
> Good luck.  If you'd like a more thorough description of the problem, I
> can easily describe it to you :-)

Please do, I've got a few days before jumping back to getting
fiber channel stuff working, would be nice to make a step toward
OpenOffice on Alpha :-)

Regards,

Andrei