Re: Problems booting Jensen

Sebastian Moeller wrote:

> Maybe the kernel at www.alphalinux.org under docs jensen aboot-0.7 is of
> help here? As I am about to get rid of my Jensen please inform me of any
> help I can be of soon. If the kernel supplied there does work also with
> debian I woulsd be happy to update the jensen installation instructions to
> reflect that fact, as a last service to the jensen community.

    I'm sorry to hear that you are parting with your Jensen :(  I've used the
kernel on alphalinux.org to install both RedHat 6.2 and 7.0 very successfully.
I have not been able to install Debian that way.

    I may be wrong but I have been copying the /boot/root.bin to a floppy
(using dd) from the Debian CD (2.2r2). I then boot the kernel (from alphalinux)
giving it "root=/dev/fd0 load_ramdisk=1" as arguments but after loading the
ramdisk it goes into an endless loop printing out "cannot free" something or
other.

    I am using the wrong image for the ramdisk or is the Debian install set up
so that it cannot be booted that way..

    Does anyone have Debian 2.2r2 running on their Jensen?? Needless to say,
if you do we want to hear from you..

Cheers,

</Duane>