Re: mozilla 0.7

On Sun, Jan 21, 2001 at 12:10:12PM -0800, Ron Farrer wrote:

> Don't mozilla builds on Linux specifically require gcc? I'm pretty
> sure I read that someplace, something to do with asm used.

Yes, I believe that you're correct on that, but ccc is a pseudo-port
of gcc, so it just might work.  I'll see if I can find some time to
attempt this sometime this week (just for s&g's).

> On a related note; I don't see why we can't package a beta gcc just
> for Alpha? After all it seems we are the only ones with major gcc
> problems?!?

We have some in experimental, but so far, they've been less than
spectacular.  I just installed a new one on Friday, so I'm going
to test it out to see if it's any better or if the testsuite
showed false hope.