Re: cdrecord

On Sat, 20 Jan 2001, Ron Farrer wrote:

> Robert Martinovic (mlaich@bigpond.com) wrote:
> > Cdrecord 1.9 (alphaev56-unknown-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2000 J
> > TOC Type: 1 = CD-ROM
> > /usr/bin/cdrecord: Invalid argument. shmget failed
> I use:
> cdrecord speed=2 fs=3 dev=0,5,0 <file>

	3 bytes buffer? I guess you meant 3m.

	This error happens because by default cdrecord wants to use more
shared memory than is defined by default at kernel compile time (4 megs).
To give yourself more shared memory, echo "8388608" to
/proc/sys/kern/shmmax to give yourself 8 megs for example. That value is
enough for cdrecord to run with default options. I don't know if
specifying a value for fs has overhead, but it's negligible (it means
though if you set shmmax to 8m you cannot use an 8m buffer).

Greetings,
Michael.

"I'm not just a server, but I'm also a client."		Debian GNU/Linux
Michael Stroucken	stroucki@debian.org	 Is your penguin 64 bit?