WARING: hdparm weirdness.

Hi all,

maybe you have read, what kind of strange troubles I had with hdparm.

I asked, if you could test hdparm, in order to check if the weird illegal-instruction
issue along with the corruption of the executable file stikes you too.

DON'T !

I have found at least one other file in one of my FS, that has been corrupted as
well, but was totally unrelated to hdparm. I have some reason to believe, that the
hdparm-file is not the only one being modified.

I will ( tomorrow ) set up a different box as a test environment, and post my
results. In the meantime, I srongly suggest not testing hdparm, if your setup is similar
to mine ( especially kernel 2.4.0-test11 ).

regards,
Thomas Weyergraf

--
Thomas Weyergraf                                                kirk@colinet.de
My Favorite IA64 Opcode-guess ( see arch/ia64/lib/memset.S )