Re: ccc .debs?

On Wed, 15 Nov 2000, T. Weyergraf wrote:

> No. You can't alien them safely. There has been a discussion in length about
> this a few weeks ago here. I recommend, checking the archives.

I'm sorry about this...we took the discussion off-list for a bit and got
into the script problems that the RPMs have.  For future reference, the
archives should be checked to get ccc to work safely for anyone
considering using just alien.

> It's easy to install the rpms by hand and fix things for debian. works good for me.

Adam and I agreed to consider making an installer package for ccc and
related.  I'm going to try to get ahold of the Compaq folks that I know to
see if they agree to us doing this (since they're REALLY picky in the
license about quite a bit of things).