AMD problems in potato!

Hi.

I install Debian (potato) yesterday over a AlphaBios Machine (lx164)
The installation ran fine and I could install everything that I need
from a mirror (Canada).

Right now we a testing Debian in order to choose one unix-like OS to
install
in several Alphas workstations.

We have found some problems.

1.- Gnome Panel doesn't install
2.- GDM is dying when booting (init level 5)

The most important (critical) for us, are AMD related, that is, we are
in a network enviroment (nis+amd+nfs) and when you boot the
Debian Alpha system amd run well, but a little time after, your
dinamically mounted directories get a read-only state, so you can't
follow
working on them. I think this occur after the first dinamical umounting.

Some messages from logs:

1.- May 30 18:16:49 landau amd[234]: No fs type specified (key =
"/defaults",
map = ""root""

Thanxs in advance.

"One help now means more GNU/Linux Machines."

Miguel E.