Re: ld problem

> Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 20:15:31 -0400 (EDT)
> From: "Christopher C. Chimelis" <chris@debian.org>

> With your source code and the exact same invocation, ld performs as
> advertised here....hmmm...

> I'm wondering if the compaq compilers have overwritten some gcc/g++ files
> somewhere.  I don't have the compaq stuff installed and all seems to be

For what it is worth, I have a very fresh potato/frozen system with all
of Compaq's compilers (Fortran, C, C++) installed. The Fortran stuff
comes from the Compaq .debs, the C and C++ are from debs I created from
the RPMs with alien. I tried compiling the ctest.c example with gcc and
I saw no problems.

Let me know if there is something else I can mention that will help.

 - Kristian.