Re: ld problem

On Wed, 10 May 2000, Constantine Vetoshev wrote:

> If there's anything else I can do to help, let me know.

With your source code and the exact same invocation, ld performs as
advertised here....hmmm...

> Which I find confusing to no end, since I assumed that both ccc and
> gcc use the same linker. (Otherwise, why is the C++ compiler dependent
> on an up-to-date binutils release?) The same thing happens when I try
> to use cxx and g++: no error with one, linking problems with the
> other.

I'm wondering if the compaq compilers have overwritten some gcc/g++ files
somewhere.  I don't have the compaq stuff installed and all seems to be
well.  Can you do a dpkg -L on the compaq packages and send them to me
(better to leave it off the list for volume purposes)?  I'd like to see if
there's some overlap somewhere or if something in gcc/g++ debs is being
overwritten with something not quite as compatible....