Re: gFTP 2.0.6a and ldconfig

On 09-May-2000 David Huggins-Daines enlightened me with:
> Idar Tollefsen <idar@kdc.no> writes:
>
>> David Huggins-Daines wrote:
>>
>> > It probably needs to be recompiled with -mieee, that's all.
>> > Try
>> > building it with:
>> >
>> > CFLAGS="-g -O2 -Wall -mieee" dpkg-buildpackage
>>
>> OK, I could do that, but if that's what it takes, why isn't
>> the package compiled that way? Is this a problem spesific to
>> my system, or has anybody else had it?
>
> Actually I was hoping you'd tell us if that fixes your
> problem, since
> I can't seem to reproduce it here :-)
>
> If so, we can fix the package so that it will be compiled that
> way on
> Alpha in general.

Could the -mieee flag be used for all packages? Or could there
 be some performance impact or other problems? The print preview
of gnumeric for example, always crashes if you don't use
-mieee...

Konrad

  .~.   Konrad Podloucky    <konrad@pelimbert.tssc.univie.ac.at>
  /V\                  Running GNU/Linux 2.2.15 on an Alpha
 // \\  GnuPG/PGP-key available by request
/(   )\ "To those not knowing the letter A, it might just be
 ^^-^^   three sticks lying on the ground." W.Pooh