Re: Static apt and dpkg done

"Christopher C. Chimelis" <chris@debian.org> writes:

> It's probably because of differences in our dynamic loader.  Seems that
> alpha's ldd actually exits with an error if it's run against static
> binaries.  Wouldn't be surprised if it happens on PPC or sparc too, but
> I'm not so sure if it does or not...

On architectures that have never used libc5, ldd comes from the glibc
package, whereas on the others, it comes from the ld.so package.  I
guess we should make the behaviour consistent, but seeing what
happened last time I messed with ld.so, someone else should probably
do it :-)

--
David Huggins-Daines, Senior GNU/Linux Consultant, Linuxcare, Inc.
613.562.1239 desk, 613.223.0225 mobile