Re: UP1000 HW Nightmare!

David Huggins-Daines (dhd@linuxcare.com) wrote:

> Not likely on a UP1000, as I don't believe API has started shipping
> them with SRM yet.  (If they have, I'd like to know, as it will
> require us to update our boot-floppies documentation a bit :-)

I don't think they've released it yet, but there is a beta.

> However, checking the serial port might be a good idea anyway, because
> AlphaBIOS can also use the serial port (It could be that your video
> card is not getting initialized properly, though I was pretty sure the
> G400 was supported by the BIOS emulation in recent AlphaBIOS versions)

Right, recent AlphaBIOS can use a seral console. Connect a text terminal
or grab a null modem, attach it to the first serial port and set it for:
9600 baud, 8 data bits, N parity bits, one stop bit. If you don't get
any display you may need to disconnect the keyboard from the system.

> API should have support people that can help you...

Try http://www.alpha-processor.com/support/request.shtml

HTH,

Ron
--