Re: UP1000 M/B

Rich Payne <rdp@talisman.alphalinux.org> writes:

> On Thu, 9 Mar 2000, Waite, Michael wrote:
>
> > I have Debian potato running on XP1000s (ev6) as well as XP1000as (ev6.7)
> >
> > I don't know what a "UP1000" is but nonetheless this might be able to help.
>
> The UP1000 is API's single CPU motherboard, based on the AMD Irongate
> chipset. I have yet to test a Debian install on one of these, but I have
> succesfully installed most other dists w/o to much trouble. You're
> probably going to need the install floppy from API as the UP1000 wasn't
> supported in kernels less than 2.2.14.

Also, we'll have UP1000 support in the next release of the potato
boot-floppies (that's "installer for Debian 2.2" to non-Debianites :)

boot-floppies 2.2.8 doesn't have the UP1000 support yet simply because
I didn't have a kernel image for it, however the next release will, as
all the necessary code is in the build system.

--
David Huggins-Daines, Senior Linux Consultant, Linuxcare, Inc.
613.562.1239 tel