Re: ruffian ether problems

Rich Payne (rdp@talisman.alphalinux.org) wrote:

> besides you can ping the local subnet w/o a route. Have you tried forcing
> the module to 10MB Half Duplex? I don't remember the codes so you'd have
> to look them up either in the driver source or the documentation files.

Yes, I have tried (amoung others):
insmod -v de4x5 args='eth0:autosense=TP eth0:autosense=10Mb'

> Ruffians are well known for not auto-negotiating.

Yes I know, I have built several of them in the past...

Ok, I hooked it up to another hub that shows each ports activity. When
pinging, the ruffian does NOT light it. so I would say it's not
actually trying.

Ron