Re: xpdf problems

On Wed, 6 Dec 2000, Luke Shulenburger wrote:

> I have been having problems with xpdf (0.91-3) on woody.  xpdf will
> seg fault whenever I try to open certain pdf's. I have noticed
> it mostly whenever I try to open a file containing text that is written
> in Times New Roman.  I've tried the same pdf on xpdf (0.91-2) contained
> on an i86 woody box and everything works just fine.  Has anybody else
> experienced this?

It's a freetype problem, most likely.  I've been trying to find time to
work on it, but haven't been too successful so far.  The long and the
short of it is that none of the freetype versions so far are 64-bit clean,
so you'll probably see segfaults whenever you try to open a PDF that uses
TrueType fonts, unfortunately.