mozilla on alpha

Is anybody else having trouble with Mozilla on Alpha?
Since there weren't any M18 binaries for potato, I downloaded
the sources to compile it myself. This works fine, however the
resulting packages won't install because the regxpcom program
run on install segfaults. [Presumably this is why no M18
binary packages are available :->]

Strangely, if you rerun regxpcom it works fine, so I managed
to fake the postinst into installing...
The resultant mozilla works fine, except that it segfaults on
exit (which I think may be the same problem regxpcom is having).

Has anybody else encountered this? Anybody working on it, or
should I try to build a debug version and play with it in gdb?
[I can't find anything obviously this bug in Bugzilla.]

thanks in advance,
Peter Maydell