Re: mozilla on alpha

On Thu, 23 Nov 2000, Peter Maydell wrote:

> Is anybody else having trouble with Mozilla on Alpha?
> Since there weren't any M18 binaries for potato, I downloaded
> the sources to compile it myself. This works fine, however the
> resulting packages won't install because the regxpcom program
> run on install segfaults. [Presumably this is why no M18
> binary packages are available :->]
>
> Strangely, if you rerun regxpcom it works fine, so I managed
> to fake the postinst into installing...
> The resultant mozilla works fine, except that it segfaults on
> exit (which I think may be the same problem regxpcom is having).
>
> Has anybody else encountered this? Anybody working on it, or
> should I try to build a debug version and play with it in gdb?
> [I can't find anything obviously this bug in Bugzilla.]

Yes, yes, and please do :-P  I saw the same problem, which is why M18 was
never uploaded to woody or potato.  I'm not sure yet if this is a bug in
regxpcom or if we might've run into a bash problem.

If you can track it down, I would greatly appreciate it.  I've been
spending most of my free time lately trying to find the binutils problem
that keeps Qt from compiling correctly on our favourite platform :-)