Re: SRM question

> On Nov 02, Ralf HECKHAUSEN scratched in indelible ink :

> I have Linux installed on an AlphaStation 255/233. I managed to make Linux boot automatically by setting the auto_action and the bootdef_dev. But now I want to re-install linux and want to boot from cdrom. I do not manage to get into the SRM console again, even by pressing ctrl-c many times at startup. What am I doing wrong?

you should press ctrl-c many times while the screen is showing the
a5,a4.a3.....
*beep* stuff across the top of the screen.
or.  boot the machin into linxu, and instead of rebooting, type 'halt
you should be dropped back to the srm prompt.
you do have the keyboard plugged in right?  (it's the obvious question I
/have/ to ask)

/Jp...
--
Jean-Paul Blaquière             ||   Avatar of Computational
   japester@ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au   ||   Thaumaturgy